[kaffe] running kaffe on opera

jserv at linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw jserv at linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw
Mon May 31 20:12:03 PDT 2004

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 06:11:03PM +0200, Dalibor Topic wrote:
> There is a project by Michael Koch and Thomas Fitzsimmons to create a
> runtime independant plugin for Mozilla at
> http://www.nongnu.org/gcjwebplugin/ . Since that's the only actively
> developed Java plugin for Mozilla I'm aware of, I think that's what
> we're going to use to make Kaffe work with Mozilla. I don't think anyone
> has tried that out with Opera, though.
>
> I believe that Jim Huang has tried to get gcjwebplugin to work on kaffe,
> maybe he can share his experiences with you.

Hello Dalibor and cvsup,

  Yes, I did get Michael Koch and Thomas Fitzsimmons's gcjwebplugin
compiled with Kaffe and Mozilla 1.6, but I found it was not functional.
In fact, it had beed modified for Kaffe, and it seems not to work well.
I asked Michael Koch in #kaffe IRC channel, and Michael said that the
JNI part of gcjwebplugin is not ready yet. I am sure there should be
less amount of modifications to get gcjwebplugin working once the JNI
part is ready.

cheers,
Jim Huang