[kaffe] Turn exception into warning message for ClassLoader.setSigners()

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Sun Nov 14 04:26:30 PST 2004

Helmer Krämer wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 22:01:55 +0100
> Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

>>With this Eclipse 2.1 starts again, but is not completely usable, while
>>printing lots of warning messages... (an alternative would be to
>>actually implement setSigners() by adopting the GNU Classpath
>>ClassLoader implementation).
>

> I'll have a look at what needs to be shuffled around to use
> GNU Classpath's ClassLoader implementation.
>
> Regards,
> Helmer

I remember that when I wanted to import ClassLoader I had to import
Class too and then Double, ... and all other remaining classes of GNU
Classpath. The problem is that the Class implementation of GNU Classpath
is totally incompatible with kaffe's current implementation which
assumes some things (especially the fields) to make the VM work properly
(if not at all). The only option is to transform all references to
Hjava_lang_Class in kaffe into a private internal VM structure and use
some object/class resolver to translate this representation into a Java
representation whenever we need it externally. BTW, this solution will
be necessary when we'll want to fix the remaining problems with the
boehm-gc merge.

I've begun this modification in a separate tree on my disk but this
involves a lot of changes. So I'd prefer we stick with the current
implementation at the moment (and import setSigners from GNU Classpath
if possible) and let this change for kaffe 1.1.6 or 1.1.7.

Regards,

Guilhem.