[kaffe] darwin5 failures

Riccardo Mottola zuse at libero.it
Wed Nov 24 04:28:16 PST 2004


I tried to build using KJC and increasing the kaffe stack size to 800Kb. 
I unlimited the shell before too!

the build dies this way using jthreads.

[ parsed org/xml/sax/helpers/XMLFilterImpl.java in 5,057 ms ]
[ parsed org/xml/sax/helpers/XMLReaderAdapter.java in 3,580 ms ]
[ parsed org/xml/sax/helpers/XMLReaderFactory.java in 1,815 ms ]
make[3]: *** [lib/stamp] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I found no particular errors apart from this one, right at the beginning 
of the class library build:

jthread/kaffe/kaffe/kaffe-bin -verbosegc -ss 800k -mx 512M 
[ start compilation in verbose mode ]
error:I/O Exception on file "/Users/multix/kaffe-
cvs/darwin-intrp-jthread/libraries/javalib/lib": /Users/multix/kaffe-
cvs/darwin-intrp-jthread/libraries/javalib/lib is a directory
<GC: heap 5124K, total before 4774K, after 3500K (56855/43471 objs)
  31.7% free, allocated 22281K (#81995), marked 1090K, swept 1273K 
  13 objs (0K) awaiting finalization>

While using pthreads (even after the fix of guilhem that works under 
darwin6) it dies with missing symbols. Seems that darwin5 is a bit more 
primitive in offering thread functions... But I wouldn't care too much 
for now. I jsut report it. Better make jthread work and fix other 
platforms... at least jthread should work everywhere.

lm ../../replace/.libs/libreplace.dylib ../../libltdl/.libs/libltdlc.a
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
make[3]: *** [kaffe-bin] Error 1


More information about the kaffe mailing list