[kaffe] stack size problems

Riccardo zuse at libero.it
Tue Nov 30 08:47:59 PST 2004

Hey,

Since I always got SOF on my darwin box during KJC run for class library
build, I decided to rise it gradually.
I was able to determine that for PPC, Interpreter and Jthreads, 800k is
enough (and up of course) while 700K and below crashes.
I wonder how these requirements would compare for Interpreter, Jthreads
on other platforms. Up to not long ago, say 1-2 months ago, the 500K
standard from kaffe where enough.

On Pthread, intrp, I also needed to increase stack size and 800k work.

what strikes me is that on UltraSparc using JIT and Pthreads, the
standard stack size of 500K is ENOUGH and build completes perfectly! So
now, what?!

Is interpreter broken ? Very inefficient?

-R