[kaffe] Kodak vs Sun, IP and lawyers

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Sun Oct 3 10:10:01 PDT 2004

Laszlo 'GCS' Boszormenyi wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Please see the recent article[1] about IP. I do not think they would
> attack Kaffe, or win against Sun and Java, but good to know what happens
> out there.

There is no USD 10**9 to be made in attacking Kaffe, afaict. ;)

I believe that software patents are a bad, bad thing, so this gives us
in the EU one more reason to lobby our european parliament members to
not allow that sort of legal phantasies into the EU legal framework. I
hope Sun will manage to kill the patents in question on appeal, but the
whole legal process has just started to roll and it's hard to predict
where the roulette ball will land in the end.