[kaffe] ARM: unable to load .class files - Help required

Thomas Winkler tom at qwws.net
Mon Oct 11 13:31:00 PDT 2004

Hi again,

In the meanwhile we investigated the problem a little further and found out
the following:

In libraries/javalib/java/io/File.java we added a debug output into function
"length". The file length that is reported by the lengthInternal call is not
the correct one.

Going a little deeper into the source we added a debug statement into
libraries/clib/io/File.c in function "java_io_File_lengthInternal" (right
before it returns). At this point the reported lenght of the file is still
ok.

What we could not find out is what is going on between the c function and the
java function. We didn't manage to get gdb working correctly.
If someone could explain what is going on (which code is executed) between
 the 2 calls this would be really great.

Thank you very much,
--
Thomas Winkler