[kaffe] mipsel and jit3

Mikolaj Habryn dichro at rcpt.to
Wed Oct 13 02:35:56 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 14:10, Dalibor Topic wrote:
> Sounds like a good guess. Could you reconfigure and try again using libffi?

Didn't change the situation, alas. I'm faintly suspicious of libffi; I
had thought that it didn't support MIPS (and the MIPS habit of changing
the calling convention for leaf vs non-leaf functions makes me wonder
how libffi manages at all!) but I'm still poking at it.

Today's fun fact: inserting a dprintf into the j2ffi function causes an
Illegal Instruction exception in there. Given that j2ffi is an inline
function invoked from a macro, I'm guessing that there's some more or
less scary stack hand-crafting going on somewhere, but I'm damned if I
can find where.

The illegal instruction exception that I get in normal cases appears to
be at the first return from a jitted function (I think). Three methods
are jitted on the way down, and it appears to be the first return (from
a soft_null_call, no less) or immediately thereafter the Illegal
Instruction appears.

m.