[kaffe] mipsel and jit3

Casey Marshall csm at gnu.org
Wed Oct 20 11:30:10 PDT 2004

Dalibor> Mikolaj Habryn wrote:
>> On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 14:10, Dalibor Topic wrote:
>>
>>> Sounds like a good guess. Could you reconfigure and try again
>>> using libffi?
>> Didn't change the situation, alas. I'm faintly suspicious of
>> libffi; I had thought that it didn't support MIPS (and the MIPS
>> habit of changing the calling convention for leaf vs non-leaf
>> functions makes me wonder how libffi manages at all!) but I'm still
>> poking at it.

Dalibor> Hi Mikolaj,

Dalibor> I've CC:ed Casey, who's been hacking on libffi for MIPS
Dalibor> recently. You may want to drag out libffi straight from gcc
Dalibor> CVS, as no gcc release contains Casey's fixes yet afaik.

Yeah, my (and David Daney's) fixes are in GCC CVS right now, but note
that it probably only has support (at least, support for closures) on
the O32 ABI. I don't know how well calling works on N32 or N64, but it
is presumably ok.

Does Kaffe use calls only, or closures? If it is only calls, then MIPS
support should be pretty good for any ABI.

Casey Marshall || csm at gnu.org