[kaffe] x86_64 - Status?

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Thu Oct 21 13:42:17 PDT 2004

Gwenole Beauchesne wrote:
> Hi Dalibor,

Salut Gwenole!

Lucky me, the cavallery is here ;)

>> Michael Franz wrote:
>>
>>> What is the status of the x86_64 version of Kaffe?  I am running SuSE
>>> 9.1 on an Athlon 64 and finding that it fails 134 of 144 tests.
>>

>> I've apparently broken amd64 with this patch
>> http://www.kaffe.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/kaffe/kaffe/kaffevm/
>> support.c.diff?r1=1.62&r2=1.63&f=u
>

> Yes, but some time ago I asked you which way you prefered I fix it. You
> know I can still commit code. ;-)

Given that I haven't done anything to do it the way I would have
preferred to see it ... feel free to chose any way that suits you and
fixes the damage I've done ;)

This one has been lingering on for too long, and as I'm already out of
brown paper bags for all the encoder damage last week, I'd prefer to
just pretend I'm not there for a day or two and restrain myself from
causing further damage [1] ;)

> I admit I have to look through the archives to remember what were the
> alternatives though...

Nevermid, please feel free to revert the broken patches I made.

[1] While I go over the remaining patches in the queue ...