[kaffe] More amd64, warning fixes, cleanup

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Sun Oct 24 16:24:14 PDT 2004

Eric Anholt wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 16:42, Dalibor Topic wrote:
>
>>>With no patches or all but #2, I have 12/144 regression test failures.
>>>With #2 thrown in the mix, I'm down to 4 errors and I can run my
>>>classes.  (no printf diffs were needed, since fixing arg passing means
>>>printf doesn't get absurd arguments on a regular basis).
>>
>>That sounds quite good. What are the remaining failures you get?
>

> Preempt.java:
> thread 0
> thread 1
> thread 2
>
> TestSerializable2.java:
> a = Serialized-0 magic 321
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> a = Serialized1-10 magic 321
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> a = Serialized2-10 magic 321
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> SoTimeout.java:
> Failure:   Time out.
>
> GCTest.fail:
> Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
> Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
> java/lang/NullPointerException

I'm still getting the ocassional GCTest/WaitTest failure on x86-linux,
so GCTest one may not be amd64 specific.

The other three don't happen on x86-linux for me, so they might be
interesting. The TestSerializable2 one looks like it could be promising.
You can use -vmdebug ELOOKUP to see where the NullPointerException is
being created from and how it's propagated through the stack.