[kaffe] CVS kaffe (hkraemer): moved handling of thread interruption

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Sun Oct 31 08:54:21 PST 2004

Timothy Stack wrote:
>>moved handling of thread interruption to jthread layer,
>

> So, I haven't been paying close attention...  But, didn't interruption
> used to be in the jthread layer, and then someone moved it up to the java
> layer.  Why move it back down?

Hmmm... I guess it is cleanest and safer if the interruption procedure
is totally handled by the thread subsystem. Previously I had to move
some parts of the interrupt procedure in the java code as pthread_lock,
pthread_conds are not guaranteed to be interrupted by a signal (what
about other syscalls ? I think I've turned the problem around in
jthreaded syscalls too...). But I had to modify the suspend procedure
too in jthread_suspendall and introduce some way to catch
pthread_mutex_lock and signal_wait so maybe it is time to put it back in
  the thread layer.

Regards,

Guilhem.