[kaffe] Problems building kaffe in fedora core 1

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Sun Oct 31 08:58:33 PST 2004

RohiT wrote:
> Hello
> I have a system running on Fedora core 1. Recently I downloaded Kaffe
> 1.0.7 but I have problems building it. When I run "make" after running
> "./configure" I get the following error message

Hi Rohit,

the error occurs because Kaffe 1.0.7 uses some constructs that gcc no
longer supports in later versions. Please use kaffe from CVS head on
Fedora Core, as Kaffe 1.1.4 has a small bug wrt to memory protection
that makes it crash ;)

See  http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2004-October/100095.html for a
patch that makes 1.1.4 work again on FC3.