[kaffe] solaris sparc status (failed reg)

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Thu Sep 2 09:21:21 PDT 2004

Dalibor Topic wrote:
> Riccardo wrote:
>
>> Hey,
>>
>> I compiled on solaris 2.6, sparc, jit, default GC and a trimmed-down
>> class profile w/o szing so I could build with KJC
>>
>> we have 8 failures
>> BeanBug.fail               SoTimeout.fail
>> CLTestConc.fail            TestUnlock.fail
>> NetworkInterfaceTest.fail  ThreadState.fail
>> Preempt.fail               WaitTest.fail
>>
>> some of them are clearly new (guilhem ?7 other are old freinds.
>>

>>> more BeanBug.fail
>>

>>    at BeanBug.main (BeanBug.java:12)
>>    at java.lang.Class.forName (Class.java)
>>    at java.lang.Class.forName (Class.java:44)
>> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java/awt/AWTKeyStroke$1.<init>(IFZ)V
>>
>> maybe dalibor killed too many classes in his "reduced" set
>

> Yeah, seems so. I'll provide another with just the kjc-breaking classes
> removed tonight.

I've created an updated profile file that removes all the classes that
kjc has problems compiling. It is available online at [1]. The BeanBug
failure still persists, since that's another Kjc problem where it
swallows an inner class somehow, somewhere. So I really recommend using
jikes 1.21 for now when you build kaffe.

[1] http://www.kaffe.org/~robilad/kjcworkaround.files