[kaffe] Build fail for ia32/nb1.6

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Sun Sep 5 06:03:13 PDT 2004

Kiyo Inaba wrote:
> Hi Dalibor,
>
> Thanks for yor check-in. But unfortunately it does not solve my problem.
> I also got mail from jrandom (jrandom at i2p.net) to propose modifying
> the location of declarations of firstAlarm and maxWait at the top of
> the function.
> #nb1.6 still uses slightly old gcc.
>
> His modification solved my problem, and should be applied.

thanks for giving it a spin, Kiyo! Jrandom sent me the patch in private,
too, and I soon saw the mistake of my ways, as I had assumed that the
error message was produced because the compiler didn't find the types of
the local variables, which actually the code was C++-influenced rather
than legal C and that caused the compiler to complain ;)

I've checked jrandom's patch in now. I'll add -ansi and -pedantic to our
CFLAGS in order to catch such problems in the future.