[kaffe] Problem with configure command

Pinaki Mukherjee pinaki2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 7 00:19:51 PDT 2004

While running the configure command (./configure --prefix <directory>) for Kaffe 1.1.4, I am getting the following error message:

config.status: creating libraries/clib/zip/Makefile

config.status: creating libraries/clib/math/Makefile

config.status: creating libraries/clib/management/Makefile

config.status: creating libraries/clib/security/Makefile

config.status: creating libraries/clib/awt/Makefile

mkdir: cannot create directory `libraries/clib/awt/X': File exists

config.status: error: cannot create directory "libraries/clib/awt/X"

I saw the directory X exists with some .c and .h files, and the files Makefile.am and Makefile.in.

I have another copy of Kaffe (a development version from the CVS) in a different directory structure. This is not creating any problem with the configure command.

Can somebody please tell what's wrong.

Thanks.