[kaffe] Re: Re: Darwin/x86 134 of 144 tests Failed

Riccardo zuse at libero.it
Thu Sep 9 00:27:59 PDT 2004

In <fee4d89040908130628115cb8 at mail.gmail.com> Michael Franz  wrote:
> I didn't mean to imply that PowerPC and x86 are the only CPUs, it just
> happens to be the only ones I use and currently the 300 seconds seem
> too long.
>
> What exactly is the timeout of 300 for?

That's a strange part. "Too Long". Possibly instead of too long there
are kaffe problems, threading problems or some other incompatibility. A
timeout could be at max too short, IMHO.

Maybe the easiest way for now would be to set a default value, and I
would suggest 360 seconds, and then set a configure option.

Or even better, a runtime option at make time like

make check timeout=360

I think that would ease checking with different timeouts without
reconfiguring everything...

-Riccardo