[kaffe] jvm specification and benckmark

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Tue Sep 14 09:17:10 PDT 2004

Eduardo Melione Abreu wrote:
> Hi All,

Hi Eduardo,

> What is the specification that kaffe complains? Sun's jvm 1.2, 1.3 or 1.4?

Kaffe has not been certified as compliant to any specification from Sun
[1]. It implements the JVM spec quite faithfully, though :)

> What free benchmark that is equivalent to SpecJVM98 do you indicate?

Uh, that's a hard question. I don't think there is a real substitute,
but I guess that the ashes[2] benchmark suite is as good as free
benchmarks suites for Java get.

[1] The tests for compliance are not available, in general.
[2] See FAQ.benchmarking