[kaffe] Odonata on Kaffe success!

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Wed Sep 15 13:48:43 PDT 2004

S. Meslin-Weber wrote:
> Hi folks,

Hi Stephane,

> I gave Kaffe CVS[1] a quick test with Odonata[2] and can report that it
> mostly works[3] ;-)

Thanks for the good news! I'm also glad that the kaffe build worked for
you ;)

> Two issues cropped up during my test runs:
>
> 1) Colours seem off when compared to a similar run on Sun's SDKs (see
> screenshots)

Has that worked with GNU Classpath's AWT before?

> 2) I get a NullPointerException when dispatching mouse events from my
> 'native' layer (stack trace attached)

I've attached a patch that lets postEvent ignore unhandled Java 1.0
events if the handling component is a top-level component. Could you try
it out?

> Otherwise, it's looking pretty good :) Well done guys!

thanks, odonata looks very nice, too ;)