[kaffe] XScale jthreads code

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Sat Sep 18 02:09:59 PDT 2004

In message <20040918110313.618ba619 at moose>
          Helmer Krämer <hkraemer at freenet.de> wrote:

> > In any case, I recommend you find the true cause, and take away any code
> > that checks for an XScale.
>
> to avoid the confusion, we should probably remove the --enable-xscale
> configure option and have a --with-native-fpu (or whatever) option
> instead that would default to true on i386 but to false on arm. The
> different SP_OFFSETs in config/arm/threads.h would then depend on
> whether an fpu is available and not on whether kaffe is built for
> an xscale. Does that make more sense?

No, this is still misleading.  The presense or otherwise of an FPU is
irrelevant on ARM with respect to the code. My first recommendation
remains to find out the exact cause of the differences that lead to this
incorrect conclusion being made.    I also suggest making any comparison
to i386 might just cloud the issue.