[kaffe] a problem about qt

王凯 wang__kai__ at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 21 00:49:38 PDT 2004

I have compiled kaffe 1.1.4 in my arm-linux, with qte 2.3.2 and qpe 1.5.0, and the porcessor is PXA255.

If I execute java program without any graphical interfaces, it works well.

But if I want to use the graphical interface, a message about qte displayed.

Such as, if I execute "appletviewer HelloWorld.html"(HelloWorld.html just contains a very simple java class), what on the screen is:

tlkProperties
QSocket::writeBlock: Socket is not open
QSocket::writeBlock: Socket is not open
QSocket::writeBlock: Socket is not open
QSocket::writeBlock: Socket is not open
No Qt/Embedded server appears to be running.
If you want to run this program as a server,
add the "-qws" command-line option.

Then I added -qws after appletviewer, but it's the same message.

I know that the "-qws" parameter should be added after the executable file, so I searched the kaffe file in kaffe/bin, substitued all the "kaffe-bin" with "kaffe-bin -qws". Still not work.

I know it's the problem about qt, not kaffe. But is there anyone encountered the same problem? Maybe I should add another parameter about qt, but what is it? If anyone knows, please tell me.

Thanks.