[kaffe] problem using QtAWT with 1.1.5 (Gnu Linux/i686)

Alexander Boettcher ab764283 at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Sat Apr 30 07:58:34 PDT 2005

jserv at linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw schrieb:

>On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 12:50:42PM +0200, Alexander Boettcher wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I have some patches for the QT backend.
>>

>Hi Alexander,
>
>  Thanks for your patches! I have checked in CVS repository.
>

>>receive events for objects (var o) from  QT, that are not registered in
>>Kaffe's backend. (I use QT 3.3.1 with Linux and a port of QT 3.3.4 with
>>DROPS/L4). The objects seems not to be from Kaffe, seems to be from the
>>

>I am a bit curious if Qt 3.3.4 already works on L4 as native C++
>framework. That must be great, and do you mind if I ask for the porting
>issues in details?
>
>cheers,
>Jim Huang

Hi Jim,

yes, it works on DROPS/L4 as native framework. I'm not familiar with the
QT port in detail, but you can read it in [3] (in german). QT on DROPS
requires the graphical console [4] or DOpE [5]. L4 Kaffe [6] uses the QT
port to support GUI Java application. Currently, L4 Kaffe [6] is not
available, but I am willing to merge it into kaffe.org.

In [1] you can find the links to our projects DROPS, the microkernel
Fiasco, L4Env and L4Linux. In [2] all papers of us can be found.

Regards,

Alexander Boettcher.

[1] http://wwwos.inf.tu-dresden.de
[2] http://wwwos.inf.tu-dresden.de/project/finished/finished.xml.de