[kaffe] PlainDatagramSocketImpl patch

Nektarios K. Papadopoulos npapadop at inaccessnetworks.com
Mon Apr 11 04:33:51 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I was getting java.io.Exception: No such device
when calling java.net.MulticastSocket.joinGroup with valid arguments.

I've traced it down to PlainDatagramSocketImpl.c and found out that using
unhand_object_array, ipm.imr_interface was filling garbages.

Changing unhand_object_array to unhand_array_array (see attached patch ) the
problem went away.

BTW, looking at definition of unhand_object_array and unhand_array_array and the
related structs HArrayOfObject and HArrayOfArray I'm not sure I understand the
naming convention.

After patching PlainDatagramSocketImpl.c, unhand_object_array is not used
anywhere and I think it's wrong anyway.

Cheers,
Nektarios