[kaffe] Re: Re: help: run kaffe in mips-linux

Riccardo zuse at libero.it
Fri Apr 15 05:20:02 PDT 2005

Hello Xiao,

I can't reproduce your problems on my linux-mips computer. I do a native
build and not a cross-compilation. Most tests are passing here as I
write now. I'll write a complete report when I am done.

This is my configure line:
configure --enable-pure-java-math --without-classpa
th-gtk-awt -C --with-rt-jar=/home/multix/kaffe-cvs/rt.jar --with-
engine=intrp --
with-threads=unix-jthreads

the rt.jar was prepared and tested on another computer for speed and
memory reasons (at least 128MB of real memory + swap are needed for
jikes currently).

I'm running on a 2.6 series kernel and I am using gcc 3.4.3. I am using
a MIPS III processor instead of a MIPS II like you, but this shouldn't
be the difference as I don't specify any architecture/tuning options and
gcc defaults to mips I in that case as you can see here:

file main.o
main.o: ELF 32-bit MSB relocatable, MIPS, MIPS-I version 1 (SYSV), not
stripped

kaffe -version gives me:
Engine: Interpreter   Version: 1.1.x-cvs   Java Version: 1.1
Heap defaults: minimum size: 5 MB, maximum size: 64 MB
Stack default size: 64 KB

cheers,

   Riccardo