[kaffe] HSQLDB and Kaffe

Ito Kazumitsu kaz at maczuka.gcd.org
Fri Apr 15 17:24:03 PDT 2005

Hi,

Wolfgang Baer wrote:

> Fernando Lozano wrote:

> > Just to report HSQLDB (hsqldb.sf.net) seems to run fine under Kaffe

> which version of HSQLDB did you tried ? The Debian package maintainer
> had problems with 1.7.3 and kaffe because of NIO locking, but someone
> said these problems should be solved in 1.8.0RC3. So the version would
> be interesting :-)

I tried HSQLDB 1.8.0.RC9 to find that the NIO locking problem is still
there.  I think this problem will be solved either when GNU Classpath's
java.nio.channels.FileLock becomes usable, or when HSQLDB can detect
whether java.nio.channels.FileLock is usable rather than just checking
the existence of java.nio.channels.FileLock.

I have been using HSQLDB after patching its LockFile.java so that
it throws Exception before Class.forName("java.nio.channels.FileLock")
succeeds.

Fernando may be using HSQLDB's defualt memory tables, in which case
NIO file locking may not be used.