[kaffe] [bug]org/omg/CORBA/Object, used as interface by org/omg/PortableServer/POA

Wolfgang Baer WBaer at gmx.de
Tue Apr 19 02:12:03 PDT 2005

takahiro tokui wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've been used kaffe-1.1.4 on x86 & use CORBA(JacORB1_3_30) correctly.
> But install kaffe-1.1.5 on x86, I can't use CORBA Class
>
> Is this bug?
>
> # export CLASSPATH=/hoge/bar/jacorb.jar:.
>
> # java -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=org.jacorb.orb.ORB \
> -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass=org.jacorb.orb.ORBSingleton \
> Server IOR
>
> 1.kaffe-1.1.4      +  JacORB1_3_30 OK
>
> 2.kaffe-1.1.5      +  JacORB1_3_30
>  error message below:
>
> java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Class, org/omg/CORBA/Object, used as interface by org/omg/PortableServer/POA
>    <<No stacktrace available>>

This might be related to the start of a Corba implementation in GNU
classpath which is merged in into kaffe after 1.1.4 but not yet
finished.

Try to prepend your bootclasspath with your jacorb.jar:

kaffe -Xbootclasspath/p:/hoge/bar/jacorb.jar ..... to use the org.omg
classes from the jacorb.jar in preference of the runtime classes.

Hope this helps,

Wolfgang