[kaffe] Re: Problem found with hppa/mipsen/sparc build timeouts

Riccardo zuse at libero.it
Thu Apr 21 09:37:07 PDT 2005

In <20050420000935.GR2772 at A-Eskwadraat.nl> Jeroen van Wolffelaar  wrote:
> So... I think the best way to do is:
> 1) timeouts severly reduced, 30 seconds?
>  (if one goes to look after a failed test, one will reasearch further
>  anyway, and see the timeout and see if that might be the issue)
> 2) kill -KILL in the timeout.
>
> Especially since we know now a lot of tests fail on some architectures,
> I don't see any harm in running the risk of actidently cutting off a
> test that would otherwise succeed in 30-300 seconds.

hmm. if it passes, it should pass ! If thread-related tests fail,
probably there is more a dead-lock problem or something of the kind when
the machine is reasonably fast. It would be better to investigate WHY of
some slowness than hacking the tests and giving us false positive. We
have already enough failures on some platforms.
Once things work, the test suites passes in a reasonable amount of
minutes even on a 200-Mhz range system.

_R