[kaffe] Status of m68k/{linux, netbsd}

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Sun Apr 24 15:55:42 PDT 2005

> So, I plan to put the compilation flag back to '-O2' (eventually, just
> remove '-O0' from config.frag), but it may make jit useless. Is it better
> to keep some documentation for this in somewhere?

Thanks for keeping the m68k port alive, Kiyo! We could have a FAQ.m68k
for the m68k specific docs.

> One additional note, for m68k/netbsd '-O1' is faster than '-O2' (or
> very close), and as I reported before, jit is faster than jit3. This
> is another issue what should be mentioned.
>
> Any comments?

I've just received some patches to make kaffe build fine on
i386-netbsd2-cvs-head. I'll try to make them work on netbsd1.6 and 2.0,
they may be useful as a template for other netbsd architectures as well.

> Kiyo
> P.S. When testing m68k becomes more stabilized, I will restart sh3/jit3
>      project :-)

great!