[kaffe] compile error when compile the kaffe-0.4

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Wed Apr 27 07:21:01 PDT 2005

toodulli at netian.com wrote:
> I compiled the kaffe-0.4 for study.
> I search the kaffe-0.4 in history download.

Ciao,

is there some particular reason why you are trying to build 0.4?

Given that it was released in 10/06/98, I'd suggest using a platform
from 1998 for the build, for example linux distribution from those days.
Otherwise you will have to 'port' 0.4 to whatever platform you are
using, and make sure it build and runs with your tools, OS, kernel
headers, libc, etc.

If you are interested in the latest code that builds on many current
platforms, I'd suggest to use 1.1.5, which was released a few weeks ago,
and contains megabytes and years of improvements over 0.4 :)