[kaffe] Apache Jakarta Commons Net does not work on Linux

Ito Kazumitsu kaz at maczuka.gcd.org
Mon Aug 1 08:10:49 PDT 2005

Hi,

I have found that apache Jakarta Commons Net does not work
with current Kaffe on Linux.

Test program:

$ cat TestCommonsNet.java
import org.apache.commons.net.ftp.*;
public class TestCommonsNet {
    String hostName = args[0];
    int port = 21;
    String userName = args[1];
    String password = args[2];

    FTPClient _ftpClient = new FTPClient();
    _ftpClient.connect(hostName, port);
    System.err.println(_ftpClient.getReplyCode());
    _ftpClient.login(userName, password);
    System.err.println(_ftpClient.getReplyCode());
    _ftpClient.logout();
    System.err.println(_ftpClient.getReplyCode());
  }
}

Result on FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE is good.
$ kaffe -classpath commons-net-1.4.0.jar:. TestCommonsNet somehost foo bar
220
530
221
$

Result on Linux 2.6.7-co-0.6.2
$ kaffe -classpath commons-net-1.4.0.jar:. TestCommonsNet somehost foo bar
220
^C    (I cannot help but kill the process)

If I remember correctly, I used to run Jakarta Commons Net with
Kaffe 1.1.4 on some Linux machine.