[kaffe] CVS kaffe (kaz): test/regression/BufferedInputStreamAvailableTest.java:

Ito Kazumitsu kaz at maczuka.gcd.org
Tue Aug 2 14:43:23 PDT 2005

From: Kaffe CVS <cvs-commits at kaffe.org>
Subject: [kaffe] CVS kaffe (kaz): test/regression/BufferedInputStreamAvailableTest.java:
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 09:29:24 -0700

>  	BufferedInputStream is = new BufferedInputStream(
>  	  new FileInputStream(file), (int)flen);
>  	int alen = is.available();
> -	System.out.println((int)flen == alen);
> +	// System.out.println((int)flen == alen);
> +	// We are happy if (int)flen == alen, but that is not necessarily true.
> +	System.out.println(alen >= 0);

I added this test in order to know whether the problem about
FreeBSD's ioctl (http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2005-July/103009.html)
has been solved.

But this test failed on Linux 2.6.7-co-0.6.2 because available()
returned 1. So I changed the test criterion.

By the way, isn't it a problem that available() returns 1 when
a several hundred byte file is being read?