[kaffe] Build failures for new 1.1.5 upload to debian

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Thu Aug 4 20:09:39 PDT 2005

Wolfgang Baer wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Wolfgang,

thanks for passing the bug reports on!

> we have some FTBS for the new 1.1.5 upload for the
> c++ transition. As 1.1.5 has been build successfully
> on all architectures in the past the failures are
> most likely gcc / g++ 4.0 related:
>
> sparc failure

Looks like a bug in kaffe. I'm apt-get dist-upgrading my sparc box to
see how to fix it. My initial idea is to see if we can do without
argcount in jit-sparc.def.

> mipsel failure
>
> http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?&pkg=kaffe&ver=2%3A1.1.5-5&arch=mipsel
>
> This might be jikes related ?

Looks like a bug in jikes to me at a first glance, as that command line
seems to work on all other arches. Needs a second look. I guess jikes
will be rebuilt for the C++ transition anyway, right?

> It successfully built for alpha, amd64, hppa, i386, mips, powerpc, s390
> with g++ / gcc 4.0. m68k is currently failing due to a missing
> dependency.

thanks!