[kaffe] File order bug - Testcase

Ito Kazumitsu kaz at maczuka.gcd.org
Tue Aug 9 17:04:34 PDT 2005

From: Wolfgang Baer <WBaer at gmx.de>
Subject: [kaffe] File order bug - Testcase
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 22:01:42 +0200

> here is the testcase. kaffe behaves differently than all other
> implementations in the order the files are listed.

Seeing libraries/clib/io/File.c, I understand how the order of files
is reversed. But, however strange Kaffe's result looks, I do not think
it is Kaffe's bug.

Sun's API document of java.io.File#listFiles() says:

    There is no guarantee that the name strings in the resulting array will
    appear in any specific order; they are not, in particular, guaranteed to
    appear in alphabetical order.

So we must not depend on the order of files java.io.File#listFiles() returns.

That said, I think it would be better if we could make Kaffe's
result look similar to Sun's.