[kaffe] kaffe security manager fix backport attemt, lock/GC bug
mag at debian.org
Thu Aug 11 02:47:54 PDT 2005
I made an attempt to backport the kaffe security manager fix,
which is needed to run tomcat4.
The patch is at
There is a bug in the thing which I cannot stamp out. It bails out with
kaffe-bin: /home/mag/tmp/kaffe-1.1.5/build-tree/kaffe-1.1.5/kaffe/kaffevm/locks.c:598: KaffeLock_destroyLock: Assertion `lock->lockCount == 0' failed.
Log is at
It seems that the garbage collector throws out a living lock on the
window. I attempted to figure out which object it belongs to, so made a
patch enhancing lock debugging.
Unfortunately it is still not enough for me to figure out more.
Could some GC guru look into the issue?
I am willing to help further debugging the issue.
- get kaffe-1.5.5-5 source from sid.
- add 07_gnu_classloader_try10.patch and 08_lockdebug_6.patch to
- add --enable-debug to CONFFLAGS in debian/rules
- debuild, dpkg -i kaffe-common kaffe-pthreads kaffe
- apt-get install tomcat
- add -vmdebug SLOWLOCKS to the beginning of CATALINA_OPTS
in /etc/default/tomcat (and uncomment the line, of course
- try /etc/init.d/tomcat4 start
- look at the logs and cry ;(
cpu : TI UltraSparc IIe (Hummingbird)
fpu : UltraSparc IIe integrated FPU
promlib : Version 3 Revision 0
prom : 4.0.4
type : sun4u
ncpus probed : 1
ncpus active : 1
Cpu0Bogo : 993.28
Cpu0ClkTck : 000000001dcd6500
MMU Type : Spitfire
More information about the kaffe