[kaffe] Odd behavior of jawt in cvs head

jserv at linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw jserv at linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw
Fri Aug 12 07:13:50 PDT 2005

Hi list,

  I just copy the JAWT example from GNU Classpath cvs repository, and
I am about to have a test. After packaging[1], I find some odd behavior
with cvs head of Kaffe.

  The library loading message will be output to jawt-test.log, and I
found some entries like:

Error message is /home/jserv/jhacker/kaffe/test/awt/jawt/libDemoJAWT.so:
undefined symbol: gnu_java_awt_peer_gtk_GdkFontPeer_initState.
Error message is /home/jserv/jhacker/kaffe/test/awt/jawt/libDemoJAWT.so:
undefined symbol: gnu_java_awt_peer_gtk_GdkFontPeer_initStaticState.
Error message is /home/jserv/jhacker/kaffe/test/awt/jawt/libDemoJAWT.so:
undefined symbol: gnu_java_awt_peer_gtk_GdkFontPeer_setFont.
Error message is /home/jserv/jhacker/kaffe/test/awt/jawt/libDemoJAWT.so:
undefined symbol: gnu_java_awt_peer_gtk_GdkGraphics_dispose.

  But it should not happen since libjawt.so was linked to libgtkpeer.so,
which contains the above symbols.

  Any idea?

Sincerely,
-jserv