[kaffe] CVS kaffe (robilad): Merged in Qt4 peers from Classpath and added build machinery

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Sat Aug 13 09:14:50 PDT 2005

Kaffe CVS wrote:
> PatchSet 6819
> Date: 2005/08/13 15:38:40
> Author: robilad
> Branch: HEAD
> Tag: (none)
> Log:
> Merged in Qt4 peers from Classpath and added build machinery

Hi all, hi Sven,

This is a second set of Qt peers, this one coming from GNU Classpath.
Contrary to Kaffe's original Qt peers, that work with Qt2/3/Embedded,
this particular implementation uses the latest release of Qt libraries,
Qt4. Most distributions do not ship it yet (and probably will start
shipping in ~6-9 months when KDE 4 arrives). It is pretty intersting
nevertheless, as Qt4 is a very nice GUI toolkit, and is now available
under the GPL on all major desktop platforms.

The peers were written by Sven de Marothy, and were checked in into GNU
Classpath's CVS a few days ago. I've added the build machinery to
support bulding them on Kaffe, and will be porting that build machinery
over to GNU Classpath later today, so that other runtimes can easily use
them, as well.

They do not work yet on GNU Classpath (and Kaffe) due to some
Gtk-specfuc implementation details in GNU Classpath's AWT
implementation.[1] Help on improving the GNU Classpath AWT
implementation is heartily welcome and appreciated.

[1] In my tests last night, they essentially went into a busy wait on
Kaffe CVS head ;)