[kaffe] Odd behavior of jawt in cvs head

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Tue Aug 16 20:46:13 PDT 2005

Dalibor Topic wrote:
> jserv at linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw wrote:

> Other than firing up gdb ... nope ;) i've looked at the output of
> -vmdebug NATIVE, and I can get the library loaded and all that, but I
> can't get jawt to do anything save to give me a frame.

I fired up gdb, and noticed that the paint method of the libDemoAWT.so
was never called. So that is a bug in classpath (as I said, AWT has been
in a pretty unstable shape lately), which has been noticed by Jeroen,
and may even have been fixed by now in Classpath CVS. See
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/classpath-patches/2005-08/msg00233.html
for details.