[kaffe] kafee ARM code question

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Sat Dec 24 00:01:16 PST 2005

Hi Madhusudan

G.Madhusudan wrote:
>Can someone explain why the SP_OFFSET is different in these two files
>for the ARM (non XSCALE) case?

The SP_OFFSET defined in threads.h should be wrong. But anyway it was
overwritten by md.h, and may not cause any trouble, except for someone
try to read the source.

In general, SP_OFFSET is OS dependent (and in case of ARM, cpu variant
dependent) and, I think removing the definition of SP_OFFSET is better,
as I did in m68k. If you don't have SP_OFFSET def in threads.h, and try
to port to some new OS, the porter may notice compilatioin error rather
than trying to tackle with wrong SP_OFFSET value.

Kiyo