[kaffe] WHICH LIBRARIES ARE NECESSARY TO RUN KAFFE?

daniel at fh-konstanz.de daniel at fh-konstanz.de
Thu Dec 1 04:11:50 PST 2005

Hello together.

I have a big problem since 4 weeks. I have ported kaffe-1.0.7 on my m68k
platform with eCos as os. I have applied kaffe-1.0.7 because this version of
kaffe was adapted for eCos.
I have build kaffe with following options:

--with-engine=intrp
--with-includes=/usr/local/m68k/lib/gcc/m68k-elf/3.4.3/install-tools/include
--host=m68k-ecos --build=i686-cygwin --with-staticlib --with-staticbin
--with-staticvm --without-x --with-threads=ecos-native

The compilation anbd linking process is no problem.
The result is a "kaffe-bin" in "/usr/local/kaffe/jre/bin".
On my platform i have created an JFFS2 Filsystem with the folder "/lib". Then i
copied all the necessary libaries and jar files to run kaffe in my created /lib
folder on my platform:

rt.jar from "/usr/local/kaffe/jre/lib"

libio.a,
libkaffevm.a
libmanagement.a
libmath.a
libnative.a
libnet.a
libsecurity.a
libzip.a
from "/usr/local/kaffe/jre/lib/m68k"

kjc.jar
tools.jar

from "/usr/local/kaffe/lib"

the "include" directory from "/usr/local/kaffe/include"

Because my eCos RTOS cannot interpret the kaffe-Shellscript, i have set
following environment variables in kaffes main.c:

"CLASSPATH=.:/lib:/lib/kjc.jar:/lib/tools.jar:/lib/security:/"
"KAFFELIBRARYPATH=/lib"
"LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/include"
"PATH=/lib"
"KAFFEHOME=/lib"

I want to start a "Hello World" Java application with kaffe, so i have set kaffe
with these parameters in my function "kaffe_ecos_main():

void
kaffe_ecos_main(int *pargc, char ***pargv)
{
	static char *ecos_argv[] = {
		"Kaffe",
		"-vmdebug",
		"ALL",
		"-mx",
		"7340032",
		"-ms",
		"6291456",
		"-as",
		"1048576",
		"Hello",
		NULL
	};

PROBLEM:

WEhen starting kaffe, i have a problem in the "initialise" modul:

Kaffe passes the following initialization functions:

/* Setup CLASSPATH */
initClasspath();

/* Init native support */
initNative();
initBaseClasses();

/* Setup exceptions */
initExceptions();

/* Setup locking */
initLocking();

But in the next function, kaffe is aborting and saying:

"INTERNAL ERROR: CHECK CLASSPATH AND INSTALLATION
NegativeArrayException in ThreadGroup.java at line 84.
"
/* Init thread support */
initThreads();

The error is when calling the do_execute_java_method and inside this method in
the method call "callMethodV.

WHATS THE PROBLEM?

DO I NEED TO UPLOAD OTHER NECESSARY LIBRARIES ON MY PLATFORM?

I HOPE THE ANYBODY HAS AN IDEA!

BYE!