[kaffe] ecj-compiled kaffe fails in regression tests

Ito Kazumitsu kaz at maczuka.gcd.org
Wed Dec 7 18:26:03 PST 2005

Using the following poor man's ecj,

$ cat bin/ecj
#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/local/kaffe/bin/kaffe \
        -classpath $HOME/javalib/org.eclipse.jdt.core_3.1.1.jar \
        org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.batch.Main \
        "$@"

I could make kaffe from kaffe-snapshot-20051206.tar.gz
from http://people.debian.org/~avdyk/kaffe/snapshot/.

After manually editing some script files, I managed to run "make check",
but the results were

================================
4 of 148 tests failed
Please report to kaffe at kaffe.org

Failed were

FAIL: TestSerialVersions.java
FAIL: TestSerialPersistent.java
FAIL: TestSerialFields.java
FAIL: ClassGC.java

Attached are the diff outputs of *.fail and *.out.

Recompiling the sources of test programs with jikes and running them
with ecj-compiled glibj.zip gives good results.