[kaffe] ecj-compiled kaffe fails in regression tests

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Fri Dec 9 10:13:25 PST 2005

Hi Ito,

Ito Kazumitsu wrote:
> From: Ito Kazumitsu <kaz at maczuka.gcd.org>
> Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 13:31:58 +0900 (JST)
>

>>So the question is whether the assumption that returned test array is
>>consistently sorted is valid or not.  If the assumption is valid,
>>then ecj may be wrong. Otherwise we will have to modify the test
>>programs so that it can check the result without depending on the
>>order of array elements.
>

> Sun's API document of getDeclaredClasses says nothing about
> the order of elements in the returned array.  So I do not
> tink it is a good thing to write a program which assumes
> some special order of elements of the array.
>
> So I think Kaffe's TestSerial*.java should be modified.

Many thanks for exploring the reason of the bug. :) I am modifying the
tests to sort the classes before running the test. However while
comparing kaffe's output to sun's jdk I got some annoying differences in
the way some exception are thrown. So these tests will remain as broken
while someone fixes it (I'll try to do it...)

Regards,

Guilhem.