[kaffe] Should IllegalAccessException be thrown or not?

Ito Kazumitsu kaz at maczuka.gcd.org
Sun Dec 11 22:21:26 PST 2005

From: Ito Kazumitsu <kaz at maczuka.gcd.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:35:59 +0900 (JST)

> kaffe/kaffevm/access.c has this code:
>
>    261          else if( same_package && !(target_flags & ACC_PRIVATE) )
>    262          {
>    263                  /* Package. */
>    264                  slot_acc = 1;
>    265          }

> I am afraid this makes anything private in the target class T
> accessible to the caller C if T and C are in the same package
> and T is accessible to C.

This is not the case thanks to the "!" of "!(target_flags & ACC_PRIVATE)".

But I am afraid

   266          else if( (target->name->data[0] != '[') &&
   267                   same_package &&
   268                   (target->this_inner_index >= 0) )
   269          {
   270                  slot_acc = 1;
   271          }

will make something private in the target class T accessible to
the caller C if T and C are in the same package and T is a nested
class.