[kaffe] libraries/javalib/external/classpath/doc/*.info files are missing

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Wed Dec 14 04:37:06 PST 2005

Kiyo Inaba wrote:
> Dalibor Topic wrote:
>
>>In general, GNU Classpath tries to keep generated files out of its CVS,
>>so no configure scripts, Makefile.in files, and I guess no info files
>>either. It's a different phiolosophy. ;)
>>
>>That's why the resync-classpath script does an autogen.sh call on the
>>newly checked out GNU Classpath.
>

> Then, I'd like not to simply put info files into CVS, and try to find
> better solution. I think Classpath's people's philosophy is practical
> from the point of consistency.

I've checked in a fix for that now, which uses a trick: instead of
copying plain gnu classpath CVS files over, it first builds gnu
classpath,and creates a distribution tarball from the cvs checkout, and
then copies those files over. That automatically ensures that all the
generated files are generated (like info files), and removes a lot of
files that are unnecesary to redistribute from kaffe's CVS copy of
classpath's CVS.