[kaffe] Problems compiling Kaffe

Fernando Lozano fernando at lozano.eti.br
Wed Feb 2 10:11:25 PST 2005

Hi there,

I got Kaffe from CVS and tried to compile it myself but I cant
understand why it needs jikes and whi it needs a Java VM. The configure
script barks about these two pre-requisites. Wasn't Kaffe supposed to
provide both a Java compiler and a Java VM?

I could also find no info on how to use another Java compiler in place
of jikes (wanted to use gcj). If Kaffe build really needs a Java
compiler and Java VM, couldn't it use gcj / gij and so I could build it
using only free software?

[]s, Fernando Lozano