[kaffe] bug report: compiling Qt AWT Peers

Fernando Lozano fernando at lozano.eti.br
Thu Feb 3 09:50:19 PST 2005

Hi,

This was tried on a Fedora Core 2 using qt 3.3.1 and no erratas. Kaffe
souces were pulled out from CVS this morning.

It looks a simple bug on the configure script as it generated an
obviously mistaken -LNONE for the X11 libs. The sed command bellow
worked for me as I don't know how to fix the configure script:

sed -i 's/-LNONE/-L\/usr\/X11R6\/lib/' `find . -name Makefile`

out.txt is the configure script output and make.txt is the make process
output.

The configure invocation was:

 ./configure --enable-jvmpi --enable-gcj --enable-libxmlj
--with-kaffe-qt-awt --without-classpath-gtk-awt --prefix=/usr/local/kaffe-qt

By the way, should I disable other AWT peer implementations from my
build to use the Qt ones? If I have more than one built in, how to I
choose with one will be used when running a Java application? I'd prefer
the gtk-based one, but it looks somewhat unstable so far. :-(

[]s, Fernando Lozano