[kaffe] A small question:how can I pronounce the "kaffe"?

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Tue Feb 22 17:00:46 PST 2005

Thanks for the question!

Given that Tim Wilkinson began writing Kaffe while he was in Sweden, it
should sound like the swedish word 'Kaffe'. Which, according to my not v
ery extensive google searching sounds like this:

http://www.pessie.net/ljud3/kaffe.wav

I've CC:ed GNU Classpath's resident 'Swedish Chef', Sven de Marothy, for
comment, as he's already went to bed off the usual IRC channels. [1]

I, personally, pronounce it more swabian-saarlandish sounding myself,
though, but I don't have a nice female voice. If you want to hear me say
'Kaffe' a lot of times, drop in for the Kaffe talk in the GNU Classpath
developer room at FOSDEM. [2] ;)

[1] #kaffe and #classpath on irc.freenode.org
[2] http://www.fosdem.org/2005/index/dev_room_classpath/schedule