[kaffe] Small arraycopy patch, may have effects on arraycopy performance

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Mon Jan 3 00:06:43 PST 2005

Hi all,

In order to try to track down what's causing the trouble on the
alpha-linux-interpreter tinderbox [1], where the exception is thrown
from within arraycopy, but doesn't contain useful information to decode
it, I've moved the error handling code out of the native part of
arraycopy into a new java part of the method.

While my own measurements using SciMark2 on i386 showed no performance
decrease or increase by the change, if they do for you, I'd like to hear
about it.

[1]
http://tinderbox.anholt.net/tinderbox3/showlog.pl?machine_id=13&logfile=20050102170656.log