[kaffe] Threading

Ian Anderson ian at ianswebpage.com
Mon Jan 17 07:41:08 PST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to build Kaffe for an arm device.

At the moment I'm working with the latest CVS and I'm getting an assertion
error on line 238 of thread.c. I have pasted this code segment below but
basically the static field 'root' is not being found in
java.lang.ThreadGroup. I've had a check and this field does exist.

Any ideas?

        /* use root group for this thread:
         * loop over all static fields of java.lang.ThreadGroup ...
         */
        for (i=0; i<CLASS_NSFIELDS(ThreadGroupClass); i++)
        {
                Field* f = &CLASS_SFIELDS(ThreadGroupClass)[i];

                /* ... and if it's a field called root, take it */
                if (!strcmp (f->name->data, "root"))
                {
                        unhand(tid)->group = * (jref *)FIELD_ADDRESS(f);
                }
        }
        /* finally complain if we did not find the field */
        assert(unhand(tid)->group != NULL);