[kaffe] Re: Never resync again? ;)

S. Meslin-Weber steph at tangency.co.uk
Tue Jan 18 09:08:59 PST 2005

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 06:02:49PM +0100, Laurent Martelli wrote:
> I think sablevm is now able to use an unpatched classpath. They must
> use some kind of overlay system so that they ony have to maintain a
> few classes on their own. Maybe you could steal their idea.

I believe that this is the ultimate plan. It's harder to do with Kaffe
as historically Kaffe has provided its own class library (which
influenced the VM work). As the two become more decoupled you'll see us
get closer to that goal :)

I'm personally glad that both VMs have a usable bootclasspath
functionality as this is crucial for my work on Odonata[1].

Best regards,

Steph

[1] Odonata, 100% Java AWT peers, http://odonata.tangency.co.uk

Stephane Meslin-Weber         Email: steph at tangency.co.uk