[kaffe] Re: Problem getting a real static kaffe-bin for ARM uClinux

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Fri Jan 21 06:02:36 PST 2005

Hi Andrea,

You wrote:
>Due the fact that Kaffe uses libtool you will never get a "real" static
>executable, but you can only have a "semi-static" executable that will NOT
>use the Linux dynamic library loading but will make all this works on its
>own (IOW: kaffe-bin itself loads libnative and extract the right function
>pointer). I'm not an expert of libtool (I have just some minor experience
>with Kaffe and other open source project that use this tool) so, anyone
>that knows libtool better that me can correct me! :-)

I am neither an expert of libtool, and I heard "semi-static" issues
several times on this list. But for the current David's problem, doesn't
following configuration help?
	  --with-staticbin --with-staticlib --with-staticvm

On m68k/{linux,netbsd}, at least libnative etc are looked like to be
linked static.

Kiyo