[kaffe] Re: Problem getting a real static kaffe-bin for ARMuClinux

David Tiller dtiller at captechventures.com
Fri Jan 21 07:11:01 PST 2005

Thank you all for your assistance.

I guess what I mean by a 'real' static executable is one where all of the executable code is in a single file. There are absolutely no dependencies on external libs of any kind; dynamic, semi-static, faked by libtool - nothing. There are no embedded paths, so you can run it from anywhere.

As long as a semi-static (libtool-faked) executable will work under uClinux on an ARM 9, I'll be happy.

Thanks again!